This post summarizes the results of Cycle 16 of the Bisq DAO.
- Cycle took place between blocks 641,947 and 646,626
- Calendar dates: 02 August 2020 - 02 September 2020
- 25 proposals
- 1 proposal to change a parameter
- 24 compensation requests
- 263 votes cast
- 58,383.68 BSQ issued for compensation (79,985.25 BSQ was issued in total, of which 9,850.6 was for reimbursing an arbitrator and 11,750.97 was for user-initiated reimbursements)
- 10,511.67 BSQ was burned through fees (76,511.67 BSQ was burned in total, of which 66,000 was from proof-of-burn transactions that consisted of BTC trading fees and deposits from arbitrated trades)
Please note that proof-of-burn transactions and arbitrator reimbursements do not map neatly to DAO cycles, meaning that some of the funds involved with these issuances (and burns) are from previous cycles.
Compensation by function:
See more details by browsing the compensation requests on GitHub.
Increase asset listing fees
Generic proposal (link)
Asset listing fees were 1 BSQ per day, and upon DAO approval, this proposal increased them to 10 BSQ per day.
Rationale: although adding new altcoins is currently on hold, the 1 BSQ per day fee to list new altcoins is so low that it becomes a cheap PR opportunity for altcoin marketers to show off how many exchanges their altcoin is listed on.
Increasing the fee better values the Bisq network and increases the barrier to be listed to a more reasonable but manageable level.