This post summarizes the results of Cycle 14 of the Bisq DAO.
- Cycle took place between blocks 632,587 and 637,266
- Calendar dates: 05/30/2020 - 07/01/2020
- 29 proposals
- 1 bonded role proposal
- 1 proposal to change a parameter
- 1 reimbursement proposals
- 26 compensation requests
- 279 votes cast
- 36,364.63 BSQ issued for compensation (127,752.23 BSQ was issued in total, of which 91,387.60 was for reimbursing an arbitrator)
- 5,701.38 BSQ was burned through fees (16,301.37 BSQ was burned in total, of which 10,600 was from proof-of-burn transactions that consisted of BTC trading fees and deposits from arbitrated trades)
Please note that the proof-of-burn transactions and arbitrator reimbursements do not map neatly to DAO cycles, meaning that some of the funds involved with these issuances (and burns) are from previous cycles.
Increase maximum reimbursement request amount
Parameter change proposal (link)
Before Cycle 12, the upper limit for a compensation request was 100,000 BSQ while the upper limit for a reimbursement request was only 10,000 BSQ. As a result, because the arbitrator’s reimbursement requests would often be rather large, they had to make compensation requests instead of reimbursement requests.
The parameter change in this cycle increased the maximum reimbursement amount from 40,000 to 80,000. The goal is to increase this parameter to 100,000 (it cannot be increased to 100,000 at once because the maximum single change allowed for this parameters is 200%).
Proposals for bonded role
Keybase admin (link)
kbteamowner was approved to post bond for the Keybase Admin (owner) role. cbeams bonded into this role in Cycle 13, but kbteamowner is taking it over now that cbeams has decided to step back from the project. cbeams’ bond is currently unlocking.